Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Chinese Baby Shortage?

I found this article online today that talks about the number of babies available...or not available...in China. People ask me about it often, and I don't really know much more than anyone else, but this article has some interesting information.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/23/op...&or ef=slogin
I don't know how this will affect future adoptions, but I am glad we are so much closer. Rumors floating around out there say the wait time is now between 20-24 months. It makes the nearly 15 month wait we've had seem not so bad. I find myself wishing all the time...if we had only gotten our paperwork in a couple of months earlier. On the other hand, if it had taken a couple of months longer, we would be looking much closer to that 24 month time frame. I thank God for His perfect timing for our perfect daughter!

No comments: