Saturday, August 23, 2008

Panda Party!

We finally had Lily's Panda Party today! She had so much fun and loved playing with all of her friends. She was having so much fun playing, she had absolutely no interest in opening her presents, so I opened them on her behalf. She did, however, thoroughly enjoy her cake. It was hard cutting into such an adorable cake, but it sure was yummy! Robert's sister, Ellen, came over last night to help me decorate it. It took us about 3 hours to finish, but she sure came out looking as cute as can be! One of Lily's friends was so funny. He is almost 10 and as I was getting ready to take the cake out to sing "Happy Birthday" he said, "I can't eat the panda cake. I'm a vegetarian!". (Trust me...he enjoyed every bite of the black ear he and his brother shared!) As I was cutting the cake, another one of Lily's friends, Jocelyn, (who just turned 5) kept telling me she wanted the pink heart. Lily grabbed her fork and picked the little pink mouth from the cake with a very determined look on her face. Several of us watched with no idea what she was going to do, and would you believe it? She handed it right to Jocelyn. Now is that the sweetest thing ever?!? We are truly blessed with a very giving and caring little girl. The more I know her, the more she just melts my heart. Here are a few pictures for now. I hope to have more up tomorrow.





Blowing out Lily's birthday candle.



She enjoyed her cake, but I think she liked the chocolate chip ice cream the best!

One happy birthday girl.

Opening Lily's presents (notice she is nowhere in sight!).

8 comments:

karly said...

Wow! Look at that cake! You and your sis-in-law did a FABULOUS job!

And, did Lily like the presents you opened for her? :)

Happy Birthday, sweet Lily!

Jill P said...

Super cute cake and beautiful 2 year old! Happy Birthday, Lily!

Grafted Branch said...

Ah! Two cakes! Yay for her.

These are great pictures...you're blessed that your husband is so good behind the lens. I'm in almost no pictures 'round here.

Anonymous said...

THAT cake is adorable! Fantastic!

Happy Birthday Lily!

Anna said...

That is a big cake no wonder it took so long to decorate! I had a jungle birthday party when I turned 5 and I had a tiger cake with it... I still remember it! Thanks for sharing the details of Lily's party!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Lily (belated of course!)
The cake looks gorgeous Julianne...great work!! And it looks like you all had a great day...celebrating birthdays is so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Julianne,

My e-mail address is

westxpal@hotmail.com

Frances Ontiveros
Austin, TX