Monday, April 7, 2008

Bring Me Hope

If you can take 7 minutes out of your day, I promise it will be worth it. Watch with a box of kleenex.



I frequently find myself overwhelmed at the thought of how many children in the world are without the basic need of a mother and father to love them. I look at the beautiful gift of our daughter and am filled with joy that God has blessed us with this precious little girl, and saddened at the thought of the ones left behind. Lord willing, we will be able to bring home another precious baby to love some day. How about you? Do you have room in your heart and your home to give the gift of love to a parentless child? The greatest gift anyone could give me would be the knowledge that our story somehow inspired you to open your heart and your home to a child who needs you. I pray God puts it on your heart to consider it. I could never describe the joy Lily has brought to our lives. Our experience has been an incredible journey. If you feel God calling you to adoption, I pray you will answer Him and reach out to that child who needs you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a gift....and I have thought that same thing...if everyone opened their home to just one child.......

Thank god I had a tissue handy...the Mommy in me wanted to reach out and take each crying child home.

If only it were that easy.

Robin said...

So very touching. Thank you for sharing that - and for commenting on my blog.
I love the option of adoption. It is such a beautiful expression of love - akin to Jesus love for us. Your Lily is so precious and beautiful and your love for her seeps through your words. She is a blessed little girl indeed!
I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your words are beautiful and speak from the heart. I thank God that she came into our lives and that you and Robert are her parents. Thank you for sharing the video~may it inspire others to adopt as well.

Auntie Ellen

Melissa said...

This was a very touching video to watch...thank you for sharing it with us. I agree with Ellen...may this inspire others to think about adoption.
I have always dreamed of working in an orphanage overseas, particularly in Asia. God willing this will one day come to be :)

blue in the stream said...

Awesome post! thanks for the post! Lily is so precious!