Friday, April 25, 2008

Lily's Day of Firsts

Lily had a very big day yesterday. I finally signed her up for some classes which we have not done before. I had been thinking about it for a while, but put it off mainly because I just wanted to be able to spend time with her...just the two of us. We have had so much fun bonding over the last 9 months and I didn't want to have to be tied down to any obligations just yet. Now that I feel there is definitely a secure attachment, I figured it was about time for us to venture out. She has spent time with other kids...those of my friends and also in the nursery at church, but I thought this might be a great way for her to get to know kids in our own neighborhood that are also her age. She started gymnastics yesterday. We'll be going every Thursday for the next 7 weeks. When we first walked into the room, she was pretty apprehensive and held on to me pretty tightly. Once she saw the other kids playing, and I took off her shoes and socks, she wanted to get right in there with them. She did so well and had so much fun! She loved walking on the balance beam and running and jumping on the mats. I think her favorite was the parachute at the end. She loved running under and just laughed and spun in circles. I am glad we are doing this. Next week she also starts a music class. I hope she has just as much fun there!








Last night was also Lily's first Dodger game. We had purchased several Dodger outfits for just such occasions, so she was ready to go! We weren't sure how she would do. We got there early for the batting practice and she was pretty squirrelly. She just wanted to walk around everywhere and was constantly walking up and down the aisle steps. But once the game started, she was very content sitting on our laps, eating Dodger dogs, peanuts and soft serve ice cream, and cheering on her daddy's favorite team. She was so cute and would clap and cheer every time the crowd was. I just wish there was a section for non-drinkers as they do tend to kind of spoil it for the rest of us. I do not appreciate obnoxious behavior...especially drunken obnoxious behavior. Other than that, it was a blast. Thank you Luke and Carina for inviting us and sharing in Lily's first Dodger game!



We had great seats along the first base line...foul ball territory...and look what Lily caught! Well, ok, she didn't really catch it. It was hit into our section during batting practice, so I ran over to get it for her. I've never gotten a foul ball at a game before, and Lily gets one on her first go!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That outfit is completely adorable! And again, the matching hair bows...I love them!

Happy to hear she is enjoying her new activities.....we are heading to the Phillies game on the 16th of May for J Boy's first game!

Gonna have to banter back and forth for a while now that Lily is a Dodger's fan!

Go Phillies!

karly said...

Well, she looks like a natural at gymnastics! :)

And, I LOVE the Dodger's jersey on her. :) Looks like you all had lots of fun this week!