Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

We should be thankful every day for all we have been given. Our family is blessed to live in a country where we are free...free to give thanks to the One who has blessed us far beyond what we deserve. I hope we can all remember to give thanks today...for our families, our friends, our freedom, our faith. There are so many scriptures on thankfulness. I've included a few that touch me. Thank you Lord for choosing me, for loving me, for forgiving me, for blessing me even though I deserve none of it. To You be the glory.

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe." Hebrews 12:28

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and exult in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name." Psalm 100:4

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 118:1

"Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2

No comments: