Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy 1 Month Anniversary Lily!

Yesterday, August 9th, was the one month anniversary of the day we held our beautiful daughter for the very first time. We've held her in our hearts for years, but I don't think I could ever put into words how it felt when she was handed to us and this precious gift entered our lives. Someone asked me today if our lives have been turned "topsy turvy". My response was, "Definitely for the better!". I can't even imagine life without her now. Here are some pictures we've taken during the last week. She has already grown and changed so much...



Lily having fun playing on the floor. This was unheard of a month ago.



We got a visit from Lea on Tuesday, August 7th. Lea and Robert used to teach together until he became a Math Coach.



On Wednesday the 8th, we went to Marina del Rey to have lunch with Aunt Paula. We had lunch at Shanghai Red's (no...it wasn't Chinese food!) and had a lovely visit. This is me and Lily at our table. We had a beautiful view of the marina.

Me, Lily and Aunt Paula outside the restaurant.

After lunch we went to Aunt Paula's house where Lily showed off her walking skills.

Swinging with daddy. Wheeeeeeee!!



Thursday the 9th, we drove out to Encino to visit some friends...Jenny and her daughter Samantha. They were both sooo excited to meet Lily, but especially Samantha who kept threatening to steal her because she is soooo cute! They also gave Lily her birthday presents...2 books and her first Raggedy Ann doll. I still remember mine from when I was a kid. Thank you so much for the gifts and a lovely afternoon Jenny and Samantha!
Guess who LOVES bread?!? She even turned away watermelon for more bread. I think we have a carb lover on our hands! It must be the Italian side of her.;o)




After lunch we went to go visit Nai Nai and Larry. Lily also got to meet some more of Nai Nai's friends. She had lots of fun showing off for them!

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh my goodness. I love the bread/pizza crust (???) shot. Priceless! :o)

We are an AWAA family, and our second daughter is from JX (Shangrao). Your daughter looks very much like a Jiangxi girl!!! Absolutely adorable! Blessings...