Monday, August 6, 2007

Wow. I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. It's amazing how fast the days go by with a little one around! We've been enjoying every minute with Lily. She went to her first birthday party on Saturday for her friend Jocelyn who turned 4. Happy Birthday Jocelyn! She's been meeting lots of new friends and spending time with family. Her daddy and her Nai Nai took her to lunch last Friday while I went to see the new Harry Potter movie (which was excellent!). I did ok during the movie..I only had a few fleeting "what if" thoughts about earthquakes and other natural disasters. After the movie I called Robert to see where they were. I walked to the store to meet them, and even I was surprised by how much I missed her and couldn't wait to hold her in my arms again! I saw them in the store and made a beeline straight to her, completely bypassing my mother-in-law who was trying to ask me how the movie was! Robert also got "christened" as a father this weekend. Lily was pretty fussy after breakfast Saturday which is very unlike her. He was playing with her in the living room while I was in the kithen. He was throwing her in the air trying to get her to laugh, then I heard her cough and him say, "That's why you're so fussy!" She had thrown up all over him! We got her all cleaned up and took her tempurature...no fever thank goodness. She felt much better after that and was her happy self again.

Here are some pictures taken from this last week. We have had her for exactly 4 weeks today. How is it possible it seems she's been here forever?


Fun playing with mommy.


Bath time is not a happy time at our house!


Mommy and Lily looking cool in our shades!



Friday, August 3rd we went to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ with our friends Hilda and Amber.
(And we pay big money for toys because...?)

Lily had fun playing with Coach Hilda (she was the PE coach at the school where I worked).




Lily with Maria and Denise (Denise was Robert's student for 3rd and 4th grade. She'll be starting 10th grade in September! Maria is her mom.)




Lily started a new game where she bites on her spoon so we can't pull it out of her mouth. She thinks it's just hilarious! We think it's pretty funny too...as long as she's eating!

Playing with Auntie Ellen.

No comments: