Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Day Before Lily!

I can't believe we are getting Lily TOMORROW! I am still in a state of disbelief. This is real. Tomorrow we will be a family of 3. I have pictured this day in my head for nearly 3 years, and I still really have no idea what it will be like...other than me crying a lot! Our flight leaves Beijing at 10:50am China time and will be about 2 1/2 hours. We are supposed to have time to check in to the hotel and get unpacked before we go get the babies. I found out today there are 10 families going to our province. All of the families have been assigned a number to help the guides keep track of us (they call out the family numbers every time we get back on the bus after sightseeing to make sure we are all there). We are family number 8...which means we will be the 8th family to get their baby. We've been told we will be called one at a time and each family will have a brief amount of time with their baby before the next family is called. I know I will be a wreck just watching all of the other families getting their babies...I can only imagine what I'll be like when they call us! Hopefully we'll be able to get some good pictures and video to post...assuming one of the 4 of us has their wits about them at that moment! We'll post them the first minute we are able. In the meantime, here are some pictures of our trip to the Great Wall today. (We also went to the Jade Factory today. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would and did a little shopping for Lily there too!)


The four of us at the base of the Great Wall


Robert and his mom walked all the way up to the tower. That is one steep climb!


The part of the wall Robert and Jewell climbed.

No comments: