Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dr. Visit

Lily had her first doctor appointment with her new pediatrition yesterday. It went really well. We took him the x-rays they had taken in China. He said he wasn't convinced it was pneumonia but he was going to send them to the radiologist to be sure. He took her off of the medication she had been given in China and prescribed albuterol to clear up her congestion. He also gave us a new formula with iron as her levels are low. He said she seems to be perfectly healthy...a little underweight but she will catch up in no time! They also gave her a TB test just to be safe. (I'm no expert, but I know there will be a reaction where the test was given if she is positive, and so far, nothing.) She'll go back to the doctor tomorrow to have it read and to go over what the radiologist said about the x-rays. I pray that nothing out of the ordinary shows up and that she will be given a clean bill of health!

She seems to be adjusting well to her new home. She is more and more interested in Shayna and Max. She watches them continuously when they are in the room and tries to pet them...if they let her! She has been reaching out for her daddy more and more. He did everything for her this morning...fed her, changed her diaper and got her dressed. I think she's starting to get used to him! After he got out of the shower this morning, she cried when she saw him and reached for him. We were both so excited! Robert said, "She likes me! She really likes me!". So funny.

I will have more pictures soon. I don't know how to compress them, so once Robert gets that done for me (thank you honey!) I'll put them up.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a beautiful little girl you have. I've enjoyed following your journey. I'm starting to miss China now that we've been home for a little over a month.

Congratulations and welcome home and to your forever family, Lily.

Beth in WI